Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Kate Garraway Considered Donating Blood Plasma to Help Husband Derek Draper’s Fight Against Coronavirus

 


RAHUL SHARMA DEBT CONNECT IN MANCHESTER, UK,





Kate Garraway has opened up on how she considered donating her blood plasma to help her husband Derek Draper battle coronavirus.

A new clinical trial is underway to see if how effective it would be to treat Covid-19 patients with the blood plasma from people who have already recovered from the virus.

And it turns out Kate had already thought about doing this back in April after her hubby was admitted to hospital and induced into a coma to help fight off the disease.

During today’s episode of Good Morning Britain, the 53-year-old explained: ‘It was something that came to light that could be a useful tool, that I was asking if I could do back in April for Derek.

‘Then it was pre the first trials of its use for Covid, so I wasn’t allowed to because they didn’t know how safe it would be for either Derek or for anyone else involved in it.

‘But now it’s something that people are doing.’

After contracting coronavirus, plasma contains antibodies that are used to help fight infection, which could be crucial in the fight against the pandemic.

Friday, August 7, 2020

Zoe Saldana Apologises for Playing Nina Simone: 'She Deserved Better'

 


RAHUL SHARMA DEBT CONNECT IN MANCHESTER, UK,





Actress Zoe Saldana has apologised for playing Nina Simone in a heavily criticised 2016 biopic.

The Marvel star, who is of Dominican and Puerto Rican descent, wore a prosthetic nose and skin-darkening make-up for the role.

Simone's estate refused to endorse the film, and the late singer's daughter questioned the casting decision.

In a new interview, originally broadcast live on Instagram, Saldana said: "I should have never played Nina.

"I should have done everything in my power with the leverage that I had 10 years ago, which was a different leverage, but it was leverage nonetheless.

"I should have done everything in my power to cast a black woman to play an exceptionally perfect black woman."

Writing on the official Nina Simone Facebook page in 2012, the singer's daughter, Simone Kelly, wrote: "I love Zoe Saldana, we all love Zoe... From Avatar to Colombiana, I've seen those movies a few times.

"But not every project is for everybody. And I know what my mother would think. I just don't get it."

The film, called Nina, was derided by critics and holds a 2% rating on review aggregate website Rotten Tomatoes.

Saldana, who has also starred in Guardians of the Galaxy and two of Marvel's Avengers films, said Simone "deserved better".

"I thought back then that I had the permission [to play her] because I was a black woman," Saldana said.

"And I am. But it was Nina Simone. And Nina had a life and she had a journey that should have been - and should be - honoured to the most specific detail because she was a specifically detailed individual."

Becoming emotional, Saldana added: "With that said: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I know better today and I'm never going to do that again.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Daisy Coleman: Assault Survivor in Netflix Film Takes Own Life



RAHUL SHARMA DEBT CONNECT IN MANCHESTER, UK,





Daisy Coleman, a sexual assault victim advocate and subject of the Netflix documentary Audrie & Daisy, has taken her own life, according to her mother.

Ms Coleman, 23, was 14 when she alleged she was raped at a party in 2012 in Maryville, Missouri.

Her case drew national attention as she spoke of being bullied after the incident, but the charge against the teenage boy she accused was dropped.

She was reportedly found dead after her mother called police to check on her.

"She was my best friend and amazing daughter," her mother, Melinda Coleman, wrote on Facebook.

"I think she had to make it seem like I could live without her. I can't.

"I wish I could have taken the pain from her! She never recovered from what those boys did to her and it's just not fair. My baby girl is gone."

Ms Coleman alleged she was assaulted while intoxicated by a 17-year-old boy, Matthew Barnett, at a house party in January 2012, when she was 14.

Her mother said she found her daughter the next morning, left outside on the porch, with wet hair and wearing just a T-shirt and sweatpants in sub-zero temperatures.

Barnett was charged with felony sexual assault, but the case was eventually dropped. Ms Coleman's family argued this was due to the local political connections of the boy's family.

Barnett pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of child endangerment, arguing his sexual intercourse with Daisy had been consensual.

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Coronavirus: Crisis-Hit Virgin Atlantic Files For Bankruptcy



RAHUL SHARMA DEBT CONNECT IN MANCHESTER, UK,





Virgin Atlantic has filed for bankruptcy in the US as the global aviation industry feels the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

The UK-based airline is seeking protection under chapter 15 of the US bankruptcy code, which allows a foreign debtor to shield assets in the country.

It is the second Virgin-branded airline to struggle this year. Virgin Australia went into administration in April.

Meanwhile, Virgin Australia's new owner Bain Capital is set to cut 3,000 jobs.

Virgin Atlantic's US bankruptcy court filing said it had negotiated a deal with stakeholders "for a consensual recapitalization" that will get debt off its balance sheet and "immediately position it for sustainable long-term growth".

The move comes less than a month after the company said it had agreed a rescue deal worth £1.2bn ($1.6bn) to secure its future beyond the coronavirus crisis.

Under that plan Richard Branson's Virgin Group injected £200m, with additional funds provided by investors and creditors.

The billionaire Virgin boss had a request for UK government money rejected, leaving the airline in a race against time to secure new investment.

The US filing is tied to a separate action filed in a British court, where Virgin Atlantic obtained approval on Tuesday to convene meetings of affected creditors to vote on the plan on 25 August.

In May, Virgin Atlantic, which is 51% owned by Virgin Group and 49% by US airline Delta, announced that it would cut more than 3,000 jobs in the UK and close its operation at Gatwick airport.

Monday, August 3, 2020

Hays Travel 'Devastated' As it Cuts Almost 900 Jobs



RAHUL SHARMA DEBT CONNECT IN MANCHESTER, UK,





The firm which bought Thomas Cook shops has said up to 878 employees out of 4,500 may lose their jobs because of new coronavirus travel restrictions.

Hays Travel took on more than 2,000 former Thomas Cook employees when it went bust in October last year.

Owners John and Irene Hays said Spanish travel restrictions meant hundreds of thousands of holidays were cancelled.

They were "devastated" staff would lose jobs "through no fault of their own", the couple said.

In a joint statement, the Hays said they had "made every possible effort" to protect the jobs of all the firm's staff, "including those who were employed when Hays Travel took on the Thomas Cook shops last October".

The Sunderland-based company said it was now consulting with 344 staff training as travel consultants and the 534 who work in the foreign exchange division.

The firm said its experienced travel sales staff, apprentices and other head office staff were not affected by the cuts.

'No choice'

"We are devastated that after all of our efforts and the huge investment we've made, we now face losing some of our valued employees, through no fault of their own.

"Following the decision to ban travel to Spain and the changes in furlough conditions coming at the same time, we have had no choice," the firm added.

In July, the government brought back a 14-day quarantine for travellers returning to the UK from Spain after a spike in coronavirus cases.

The Foreign Office later updated its advice against all non-essential travel to Spain to include the Balearic and Canary Islands as well as the mainland.

And firms who have furloughed staff during the pandemic had to start contributing to the government job retention scheme from Saturday, putting more pressure on struggling companies.

Mrs Hays told the BBC it was "impossible to overstate the importance of Spain" on the company's business.

Mr Hays said the firm disagreed with the government's approach to quarantining Spain: "Other parts of Spain, on the Costa Del Sol, the islands, Majorca, Tenerife, Lanzarote, Ibiza, the Canaries... the incidence of the virus is very low - less than the UK.

"The German government's reaction has been to quarantine people going to the north-east of Spain, but allow people to go to all of the other places I've just said, and that's a much more targeted and sophisticated approach."

Hays Travel said it had a two-year turnaround plan in place, and that although 2020 "looked really bad", bookings for 2021 were already up on the same period in 2019.

Nasa SpaceX Crew Return: Dragon Capsule Splashes Down



RAHUL SHARMA DEBT CONNECT IN MANCHESTER, UK,





Two American astronauts have splashed down, as the first commercial crewed mission to the International Space Station returned to Earth.

The SpaceX Dragon Capsule carrying Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken came down in the Gulf of Mexico just south of Pensacola on Florida's Gulf coast.

A recovery vessel moved in to pick up the vehicle and extricate the men.

The touchdown marks the first crewed US water landing since the final outing of an Apollo command module 45 years ago.

Hurley's and Behnken's capsule touched the water at about 14:48 EDT (19:48 BST; 18:48 GMT).

Private boats which came close to the Dragon were asked to leave amid concern over hazardous chemicals on the capsule.

Nasa administrator Jim Bridenstine said the presence of the boats "was not what we were anticipating".

"What is not common is having passersby approach the vehicle close range with nitrogen tetroxide in the atmosphere, that's not something that is good," he said. "And we need to make sure that we're warning people not to get close to the spacecraft in the future."

"It's truly our honour and privilege," said Hurley as the astronauts arrived home.

"On behalf of the SpaceX and Nasa teams, welcome back to Planet Earth. Thanks for flying SpaceX," SpaceX mission control responded.

President Donald Trump - who attended the capsule's launch two months ago - hailed its safe return.

"Thank you to all!" he tweeted. "Great to have NASA Astronauts return to Earth after very successful two month mission."

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Who is Princess Anne Married to, How Old is She and What is Her Net Worth as She Turns 70?



RAHUL SHARMA DEBT CONNECT IN MANCHESTER, UK,





The Princess Royal – aka Princess Anne – is set to turn 70 on 15 August, and ITV is marking the occasion with a documentary dedicated to the Queen’s only daughter, which airs tonight,

And we’ve already had a sneak peek of the programme, in which the Princess teaches the Queen how to use social media – in a sweet scene in which she helps the monarch make her first Zoom call during lockdown.

The documentary will also feature her talking frankly about her life growing up as a member of the Royal Family, and beyond.

How old is Princess Anne and who is she married to?

Princess Anne – whose full name is Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise – is the second eldest of the Queen and Prince Philip’s children – and is their only daughter.

She was born on 15 August 1950 at Clarence House, during the reign of her maternal grandfather King George VI.

At the time of her birth she was third in line to the throne behind her mother and her elder brother Prince Charles – but is now 14th in line, as of August 2019.